Description Advertisement ▼
Proxy Sniffer enables you to quickly perform professional web load and web stress tests. Thus you can determine exactly how many users a web application can support. As a further result of the performance test in-depth and detailed measurement results give you valuable hints for tuning and optimizing the web application.
No programming of load test scripts required, easy to use And no scripting or programming is required. All features of the Proxy Sniffer load testing tool are directly accessible from the high-performance, user-friendly graphical user interface. This saves you time, and significantly simplifies doing load tests.
You will be surprised how easy and fast test procedures can be created and executed - even complex ones. With only a few mouse clicks, a wide range of professional features are at your disposal.
Using innovative technology, Proxy Sniffer supports you in the implementation of load tests including:
* HTTP/S Proxy Recorder and Web Crawler
The recording of load test scenarios occurs through pre-surfing with any browser like Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer via a universally useable HTTP/S Proxy-Recorder. Also the traffic of technical web client applications which exchange XML or SOAP messages over HTTP/S can be recorded. Alternatively, load test scenarios can also be recorded automatically using an integrated Web Crawler.
* Unlimited Scalability - Simulating Thousands of Users
Depending on the test scenario, hundreds of web users can already be simulated by only one load-releasing computer. The scalable architecture of the product supports additionally an unlimited load generation with thousands of users by a simple combination of several Windows and/or Unix-like systems to a homogeneous, load-releasing cluster.
* Realistic Test Scenarios
Several load tests can be run simultaneously. Multiple client IP addresses can be configured for each load-releasing system, allowing a web application cluster with a load balancer to be stressed in a realistic way. The network bandwidth for each simulated user can be artificially reduced in order to simulate slow access connections.
* Support for all Current Authentication Methods
Proxy Sniffer supports logging in to web applications with HTML form parameters as well as with HTTP basic authentication (username/password pop-up window), with Digest authentication, with NTLM authentication (Windows domain accounts) and with X509 client certificates (in PKCS#12 format). Each simulated user can be allocated an individual login account.
* Real Simulation of Web Surfing Sessions
For every simulated user an individual context is created during the load test execution. Together with the automatic support of session cookies Proxy Sniffer offers also to handle dynamically exchanged session parameters efficiently: e.g. hidden HTML form parameter or .NET VIEWSTATE parameter.
* Automatic Protection from "false positive" Measurement Results
During a load test, Proxy Sniffer compares the content of the received response with the content of the originally recorded response using a unique heuristic algorithm. This powerful feature allows the detection of errors at the application level (malformed web pages) - even when a web page with a correct HTTP response code is returned. This protection against "false positive" measurement results is automatically applied for each load test.
Due to this protective mechanism, a clear improvement of the test quality is achieved - with no additional configuration effort.
Show full description »
What's new What's new in version 5.0-K
- Multi-Threading support per simulated user has been added. Each simulated user can now execute several HTTP(S) requests in parallel during a load test, in an analogous manner as a normal Web browser does. Therefore, more realistic, real-world-like load tests can now be performed. Typically up to 6 parallel threads per user are executed, but the number of threads can be configured within a range from 2 to
24. The synchronization point for all in parallel executed HTTP(S) requests / URLs per user is always at the end of a page. There is also an auto-configuration utility available that detects and automatically configures which URLs within a Web page can be executed in parallel and which URLs must be executed in serial order. And of course the old single-threaded algorithm that uses only one thread per simulated user can also be selected as a further option.
- Additional Windows installation kit for high-performance load generators and high-performance GUIs available.
Technical information Supported languages and OS, requirements
- Supported OS: Windows2000, Windows2003, WinNT 4.0, WinXP, Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows 7, Windows 7 x64
Video Review/installation guide/how to
Reviews Your review will also be sent to the developers email address.
Be the first user to review it.
Discover alternatives See more related apps by tags
Download badges All visitors that arrive by way of these badges will add download points to Proxy Sniffer Pro