SDFormatter is a simple and useful software application specially designed to format SD / SDHC / SDXC memory cards.
SDFormatter is a tool that uses a formatting method that complies with the SD Memory Card Specification.
- Do not format recordable media other than SD/SDHC Memory Cards using SD formatting software. If you have mistakenly formatted a recordable media other than the SD/SDHC Memory Card, reformat the media using the appropriate formatting software that came with the media.
- Do not remove the SD/SDHC Memory Card while formatting.
- Once formatting has started, all previously recorded data will be erased.
- Do not format the SD/SDHC Memory Card while the write protection switch is on.
- If the SD formatting software does not recognize the SD/SDHC Memory Card, re-insert the card and click on "Refresh".
- SD formatting is not possible on unrecognizable "removable drives".
- This software does not cope with the copyright protection. If you use a card for some equipment with copyright protection such as SD Audio Player, the formatting must be done by the specific formatting software prepared by the equipment provider.
- In some cases SD/SDHC Memory Cards may not be recognized by the SD formatting software immediately after installation of a SD/SDHC Memory Card compatible reader/writer driver software. If this occurs, re-start your computer and try again.
- If you are using a USB drive and the SD formatting software does not recognize the SD/SDHC Memory Card even after re-inserting it, remove the USB cable while the SD/SDHC Memory Card is still inserted in the drive and after about 10 seconds reconnect the USB cable and click on the "Refresh" button.
- Some reader/writers cannot use "erase operation".
- In case of formatting of SDHC Memory Card, the reader/writer supporting SDHC Memory Card is needed.