Description Advertisement ▼
The Portable Back4Sure application was designed to be a program for making backup copies of your documents, pictures, music, videos and anything you find valuable. The files to copy may be distributed all over your computer, even on different drives.
Back4Sure will gather all the files you've selected for backup and make a copy of them into a specified target directory. The folder with the drive drive letter of the source drive and the directory structure will be automatically created in the target directory, so all your files will be stored coorectly and easy to find. In this process, Back4Sure will only copy files that have changed since the last backup, so even a large number of files is backed up as fast as possible.
You can use a USB flash drive, a second hard drive or a network share as backup target. With the built-in compression of Back4Sure you can save space and especially on flash disks lots of time when you make a backup of thousands of files.
Easy folder selection:
· You can easily select multiple folders from the directory tree to include them into the backup set. Just as easy you can exclude certain folders from the backup.
Efficient filter system:
· You can easily create filter set to determine which files to include in or to exclude from the backup. And this not only for the whole backup, but also for individual folders.
Compression option with adjustable directory depth:
· Backups may be stored in a compressed format. If you choose to enable compression, you can specify the directory depth from which on all files are packed into a single archive file. This way you can avoid very large archives and improve overall safety of you backup process.
Cleanup the target directory:
· After larger restructuring of your file organization, lots of files in the backup target directory do not have corresponding source files anymore. Using the cleanup function of Back4Sure you can easily remove those orphaned files from the target directory.
Logging of the backup process:
· All actions performed during backup may be logged into a plain text file. You can choose between two different formats of the log file: either an easy to read version or version in ini format optimized for automated analysis.
Creating desktop links to backup jobs:
· You can easily create a desktop link to a backup job from within the program, from which the backup job can be directly started by just double clicking it.
Portable use or fixed installation:
· Besides the normal setup file for a fixed installation, a zipped version for use from a USB drive is also available.
Show full description »
What's new What's new in version 3.5.1
- Defective keyboard shortcuts fixed.
- An Italian translation is available.
- Update of the OpenSSL libraries to version 1.0.1c
Technical information Requirements, supported languages and OS
- Supported OS: WinXP, Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows 7, Windows 7 x64
Discover alternatives See more related apps by tags
Video Review/installation guide/how to
Reviews Your review will also be sent to the developers email address.
Be the first user to review it.
Share If you like it
Download badges All visitors that arrive by way of these badges will add download points to Portable Back4Sure