Description Advertisement ▼
Drive Bender is state of the art, single point storage pool technology for Microsoft Windows. Drive Bender presents multiple hard drives as a single pool of storage, either as one or more drive letters, or a network shared drive. Drive Bender also provides the user with the ability to seamless expand their storage pool by simply adding a new drive. Adding a new drive expands the pool by the size of the new drive while retaining the existing data.
Drive Bender also offers a merge capability, allowing users to take a drive and merge that drive into the pool. In addition there is also a drive conversion feature, converting an existing drive into a Drive Bender pooled drive. To further ensure data safety, Drive Bender can automatically duplicate any file added to a Drive Bender pool. File duplication is determined at the folder level and occurs on the fly as data is being written to the pool.
One of the key Drive Bender features is its non-destructive file system technology. All drives within a Drive Bender pool utilize the standard NTFS format and file structures, making your data accessible under any circumstance. Because of our non-destructive file system, taking Drive Bender for a test drive is easy. Simply specify the drives to be included in the pool, and you are ready go. Drives can be used without formatting, and the existing data remains untouched.
Show full description »
What's new What's new in version 126.96.36.199
- Update: Some branding changes to the client interface.Â
- Update: The settings option has been moved from the advanced tab to the main interface (lower left).Â
- Bug fix: As of Drive Bender v188.8.131.52 a drive removal or a drive swap operation will dismount all pool mount point for the duration of the operation. This is by design, however the notification of this dismount is not displayed, and as a result some users may not realize that this is intended.Â
- Bug fix: As of Drive Bender v184.108.40.206 a drive removal or a drive swap operation will dismount all pool mount point for the duration of the operation. This is by design, however if Drive Bender is set to manage system drive letters, then it may assign the dismounted mount point's drive letter to the drive removed, this could cause the mount point not to come back up.Â
- Added: strict driver version check now performed. If there is a mismatch, an error is logged.
Technical information Requirements, supported languages and OS
- Supported OS: WinXP, Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows 7, Windows 7 x64
Discover alternatives See more related apps by tags
Video Review/installation guide/how to
Reviews Your review will also be sent to the developers email address.
Be the first user to review it.
Share If you like it
Download badges All visitors that arrive by way of these badges will add download points to Drive Bender