Description Advertisement ▼
FreeNAS x64 is a free NAS (Network-Attached Storage) server, supporting: CIFS (samba), FTP, NFS protocols, Software RAID (0,1,5) with a Full WEB configuration interface.
FreeNAS x64 is a NAS server that supports FTP, NFS protocols, Software RAID.
FreeNAS x64 takes less than 16MB once installed on Compact Flash, hard drive or USB key.
Show full description »
What's new What's new in version 0.8.3.1
- ZFS can be manipulated from the CLI, and changes for supported items
- tracked by FreeNAS will be reflected in the GUI. zvols, datasets, and
- entire volumes can be created, destroyed, or manipulated on the CLI and
- will be propagated to the GUI.
- The GUI now supports active-passive multipath capable hardware, which
- targets mainly SAS drives on dual expander backplanes. Any multipath
- capable devices that are detected will be placed in multipath units
- which are then exposed to the GUI, and the parent devices will be
- Plugins are now available. Third party modules can be added to FreeNAS
- which will persist across upgrades and can be manipulated and configured
- from the GUI. Documentation on using and creating plugins is available
- at http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Plugins . BitTorrent, DLNA/uPNP, and
- iTunes plugins are available as of this writing.
- The GUI now includes a webshell, which allows you to access a root shell
- from within a web browser.
Technical information Requirements, supported languages and OS
- Supported OS: Windows Vista x64, Windows 7 x64, Windows 8 x64
Discover alternatives See more related apps by tags
Video Review/installation guide/how to
Reviews Your review will also be sent to the developers email address.
Be the first user to review it.
Share If you like it
Download badges All visitors that arrive by way of these badges will add download points to FreeNAS x64