Deep Freeze has changed the way IT Professionals approach end-point security; its non-restrictive concept offers the most robust workstation protection available. The need for IT professionals to perform rebuilds, re-image, or troubleshoot computers is eliminated with Deep Freeze's reboot-to-restore technology. The result is a dramatic reduction in support and IT expenditures and a substantial increase in computer uptime.
While Deep Freeze provides bulletproof protection, its non-restrictive approach also improves user productivity and satisfaction. Placing no restrictions on a user's ability to access all system resources, users avoid the frustration of downtime due to software conflicts, operating system corruption, virus attacks, and many other problems. Users are always assured of computers that are consistently operable and available.
This is a major release that adds the following new features (Enterprise features are listed; a PDF of new features for either edition can be found in the Content Library in the Feature History category):
- Licensing: Deep Freeze now employs the same licensing scheme as other Faronics products. Therefore, a valid License Key must be entered into the product in order to prevent it from expiring after a 30-day evaluation period.
- Wake-on-LAN (WOL) across subnets: WOL can now be used across subnets on non-class C networks.
- New Embedded Events Scheduler: The Embedded Events Scheduler now combines all possible Embedded Events onto a single configuration tab and allows for multiple events to be scheduled on a single day.
- Customizable warning messages: Customizable warning messages can now be displayed at the workstation prior to Maintenance, Restart, Shutdown, or Idle Time events and a separate customized message can be displayed during a Maintenance event.
- Event override option: Users can optionally be allowed to cancel any Embedded Event (Maintenance, Restart, Shutdown, or Idle Time) prior to execution from the workstation.
- Windows Updates that are applied via Deep Freeze are now logged to a log file.
- Multiple ThawSpaces (up to eight) can be created.
- ThawSpace(s) can individually be specified as Visible or Hidden.
- Integrated Console Customizer: Customized copies of the Enterprise Console with limited features can be created for distribution in your organization.
- Connect via Remote Desktop Connection (RDC): Administrators can take control of a remote computer through the Deep Freeze Enterprise Console via Microsoft's Remote Desktop Protocol. RDC enables easy access, configuration, and control abilities on any networked computer.
- Remote Execute: Remotely execute an executable file on a computer.
Administrators do not have to visit each workstation to install a program, and reliance on third party management solutions is reduced.
- Push and Install MSI: Push and install a .msi file on a computer.
This allows administrators to use the Enterprise Console to install applications rather than scripting, GPOs, or using third party tools.
- Integrated Action Files: Action Files call an external program or script through the Enterprise Console to reduce the need for third party tools.
Administrators can use any scripting language that can be called through command line.
· Absolute Protection
· Guarantees 100% workstation recovery on restart
· Provides password protection and complete security
· Protects multiple hard drives and partitions
· Integration and Compatibility
· Supports multiple hard drives and partitions
· Supports multi-boot environments
· Compatible with Fast User Switching
· Supports SCSI, ATA, SATA, and IDE hard drives
· Supports FAT, FAT32, NTFS, basic and dynamic disks
· Localized in five languages: English, French, German, Spanish and Japanese
· Deployment Options
· Offers silent install option for rapid network deployment
· Provides option to deploy on multiple workstations as part of a master image