Deep Freeze has changed the way IT Professionals approach end-point security; its non-restrictive concept offers the most robust workstation protection available. The need for IT professionals to perform rebuilds, re-image, or troubleshoot computers is eliminated with Deep Freeze's reboot-to-restore technology. The result is a dramatic reduction in support and IT expenditures and a substantial increase in computer uptime.
While Deep Freeze provides bulletproof protection, its non-restrictive approach also improves user productivity and satisfaction. Placing no restrictions on a user's ability to access all system resources, users avoid the frustration of downtime due to software conflicts, operating system corruption, virus attacks, and many other problems. Users are always assured of computers that are consistently operable and available.
This is a major release that adds the following new features (Enterprise features are listed; a PDF of new features for either edition can be found in the Content Library in the Feature History category):
- Licensing: Deep Freeze now employs the same licensing scheme as other Faronics products. Therefore, a valid License Key must be entered into the product in order to prevent it from expiring after a 30-day evaluation period.
- Wake-on-LAN (WOL) across subnets: WOL can now be used across subnets on non-class C networks.
- New Embedded Events Scheduler: The Embedded Events Scheduler now combines all possible Embedded Events onto a single configuration tab and allows for multiple events to be scheduled on a single day.
- Customizable warning messages: Customizable warning messages can now be displayed at the workstation prior to Maintenance, Restart, Shutdown, or Idle Time events and a separate customized message can be displayed during a Maintenance event.
- Event override option: Users can optionally be allowed to cancel any Embedded Event (Maintenance, Restart, Shutdown, or Idle Time) prior to execution from the workstation.
- Windows Updates that are applied via Deep Freeze are now logged to a log file.
- Multiple ThawSpaces (up to eight) can be created.
- ThawSpace(s) can individually be specified as Visible or Hidden.
- Integrated Console Customizer: Customized copies of the Enterprise Console with limited features can be created for distribution in your organization.
- Connect via Remote Desktop Connection (RDC): Administrators can take control of a remote computer through the Deep Freeze Enterprise Console via Microsoft's Remote Desktop Protocol. RDC enables easy access, configuration, and control abilities on any networked computer.
- Remote Execute: Remotely execute an executable file on a computer.
Administrators do not have to visit each workstation to install a program, and reliance on third party management solutions is reduced.
# etain data across reboots by using the complementary Faronics Data Igloo, that allows you to redirect user profiles, folders, and registry keys to a Thawed drive.
# Easy deployment is available with two deployment options. Faronics Deep Freeze can be deployed as part of your imaging solution or you can deploy it as a silent install natively.
# Eliminate troubleshooting with a simple restart, ensuring 100% availability. Whether you’ve downloaded something corrupt, visited a poisoned site, or made some other type of accidental change, there’s no need to worry. With Deep Freeze installed, when things go awry, simply reboot the machine and it will be returned to its desired configuration.
# Enhance your security with a solution that makes your computer immune to common problems like malware and accidental changes. In addition to securing your operating system, Deep Freeze also protects the master boot record from rootkit injections, making your security truly bulletproof.