Hitman Pro 3 is a fast all-in-one tool to locate, identify and remove viruses, spyware, trojans, rootkits and other malware. Hitman Pro 3 will quickly show if your PC is infected with malicious software.
Research shows that many computers are infected, even if they have an up-to-date security suite installed, and that a combination of different anti malware programs would be required to prevent infection.
Hitman Pro 3 uses innovative cloud computing techniques to detect and remove potential malware threats with minimal impact on system performance.
Advantages of Hitman Pro 3
* Recognizes and removes viruses, trojans, rootkits, spyware and other malware.
* Revolutionary innovation in scanning technique to distinguish between malicious and safe software without signatures.
* Short scan time - searches the system within a few minutes.
* No extra system load.
* Impossible to make false positives on important systems files thanks to "profiling" and whitelisting.
* Multi-vendor identification of malware in our real-time "Scan Cloud".
* Automatically restores common system alterations made by malicious software.
* Creates a check point in System Restore before removing malicious software.
* Removes resistant threats using native NT boot-time deleter.
* Removes references to malicious software (like shortcuts and registry entries).
* Free malware scan.
* Free online support in English, German and Dutch.
The Hitman Pro 3 executable can be downloaded and run straight from a USB Flash Drive, CD/DVD, local or network attached hard drive and will quickly reveal the presence of any malware.
It will scan your PC in a few minutes and detect files that are potentially malware using a Behavioral Scan.
The actual identification of these potential malware files is then done on the Hitman Pro servers - the "Scan Cloud".
To understand how Hitman Pro 3 works we first need to describe a few fundamental characteristics of malicious software and your Windows PC.
Like everything else, malicious software always has a purpose. The malware writer only wants one thing: money. The traditional virus that cripples or destroys your PC is now quite rare. To make money the virus needs to be run and stay resident on the PC. This way the malicious software can steal your personal data, show pop-ups, or install fake software programs. The software can even turn your PC into a zombie as part of a botnet, using your PC to send spam or be part of a cyber attack. Of course, all this is going on without you noticing anything. To keep doing this, the malicious software needs to start automatically and protect itself from being removed by security software.