Picasa 3.9 – Now with Google+ sharing and tagging
Picasa is free photo editing software from Google that makes your pictures look great. Sharing your best photos with friends and family is as easy as pressing a button!
- Upload and share your photos on Google+
- Tag your Google+ friends and share pictures of them
- Transform your photos with 24 new effects
New features in Picasa 3.9:
Picasa 3.9 lets you share directly to Google+ and offers a much richer selection of editing tools. Check out the Picasa 3.9 guide for more details about the changes.
Share to your Google+ circles -- If you've joined Google+, you can use Picasa 3.9 to share directly to the circles you've created in Google+. They'll see your photos and videos in their Google+ stream. People that don't use Google+ aren't left out. They'll get an email to view your album in Google+, and they don't have to join to do so.
Picasa name tags on Google+ -- If you've joined Google+, you may have noticed that name tags have become more social. With the release of Picasa 3.9, you can now upload and share your name tags on Google+. Note that if you choose not to join Google+, name tags won't change at all.
New photo editing effects -- We've added a plethora of new editing effects like Vignette, Duo-tone, Borders and more.
Side by side editing -- Compare two different photos side by side. Or compare the original and edited versions versions of the same photo simultaneously as you apply edits in Picasa. Learn how to edit side by side.
Two things to know
The Picasa software provides a simple way to view, edit, and organize the photos on your computer. As you get started, there are two things you should always remember:
* Picasa does not store the photos on your computer.
When you open Picasa, it simply looks at the folders on your computer and displays the photos it finds. It displays the file types that you tell it to find, in the folders that you tell it to search.
* Your original photos are always preserved.
When using editing tools in Picasa, your original files are never touched. The photo edits you make are only viewable in Picasa until you decide to save your changes. Even then, Picasa creates a new version of the photo with your edits applied, leaving the original file totally preserved.
- Sync your Picasa 3 and Picasa Web Albums edits,
- Retouch your images,
- Preview image files with Picasa Photo Viewer,
- Create and edit movies,
- Capture your screen,
- Add text or watermarks to your photos,
- Print captions,
- Upload easily to Picasa Web Albums,
- Control your Picasa Web Albums settings
- Manage folders on your computer,
- Get more information about your photos.
* Nice interface design
* Simple yet effective editing tools
* Great Photo Viewer to use in Windows Explorer
* Share photos by email, on your blog or in Picasa Web Albums
* Support for face recognition and image geotagging