Description Advertisement ▼
RoboMind is a simple educational programming environment that will familiarize you with the basics of computer science by letting you program your own robot. In addition to an introduction to popular programming techniques, you will also gain insight into areas such as robotics and artificial intelligence.
It is designed in such a way that you can start exploring and programming right away. A special programming language, ROBO, has been created that consists of a concise set of rules and is aimed at programming a robot. As a result there are a lot of opportunities to create programs on your own and experience the principles that lay at the heart of most other programming languages.
The entire RoboMind environment is completely free for both individual as well as educational and commercial use. There are no unpleasant surprises such as trial periods, restricted functionality or advertisements.
Some nice features of RoboMind are:
Start right away: the programming language and environment are very easy to understand and can be used instantly.
No dependencies like external development environments and compilers that make things complicated
Safety: the programs that will be made cannot harm your computer in any way.
Free: it is completely free for both individual as well as educational and commercial use. It is fully functional, has no ads and can be used for an unlimited period. For details look at the license
Ideal for projects: ROBO is simply a very ideal choice for interdisciplinary projects or computer science/technical courses.
Show full description »
What's new What's new in version 4.2
- RoboMind can run much faster. This can be very useful when you want to make your robot do a lot of work!Code completion:
- Insert your code faster by starting to type the command and then press Ctrl + Space. Select the desired command from the pop-up and press Enter.Text zoom:
- Make the script larger by holding Control and scroll the mouse wheel. Especially usefull for digital school boards.Block comments:
- Quickly place a selected text block in a comment by placing # in front of lines, by pressing Ctrl + /. Selected code can be uncommented with Ctrl + Shift + /.Improvements:
- more flexible maps allowing big images
- drop scripts and maps on RoboMind to open them
- robot can be controlled with arrow keys via the remote control
- an extra "to start" button in the run panel
- close pop-up windows with the Escape key
Technical information Supported languages and OS, requirements
- File size: 29.20MB
- Supported OS: WinXP, Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows 7, Windows 7 x64
Video Review/installation guide/how to
Reviews Your review will also be sent to the developers email address.
Best computer science intro so far! Gilliam Rated out of 5 stars on 2012-04-12 13:29:04 Average rating 5 out of 5 stars
Total reviews: 1
Discover alternatives See more related apps by tags
Download badges All visitors that arrive by way of these badges will add download points to RoboMind