Mendeley is a free, award-winning, academic reference manager and web solution designed for managing and sharing research papers, discovering research data and collaborating online.
• Create your personal bibliographic database using Mendeley's automatic extraction of document details and cited references from PDFs, as well as automatic retrieval of additional information from CrossRef, PubMed, ArXiv, etc.
• Read, full-text search, annotate, and highlight your PDF research papers in Mendeley's integrated PDF viewer.
• Synchronize your bibliographic database across multiple machines, share it with colleagues, manage it online, or embed bibliographies on blogs and websites.
• Quickly cite your papers in Microsoft Word or OpenOffice Writer and create bibliographies with a single click.
• Capture citations from websites using Mendeley's cross-browser Web Importer
• Free and interdisciplinary.
• Mendeley Desktop runs on Windows, Mac and Linux; Mendeley Web works with all major web browsers.
• Automatic extraction of document details from PDF research papers on your computer.
• Synchronize your digital library with your private Mendeley Web account and across multiple computers.
• Manage your private article library online.
• Full-text search across all your research papers.
• Playlist-like organization of your library, smart filtering and tagging of references.
• Read, add sticky notes, and highlight your research papers in Mendeley's PDF viewer.
• Automatic PDF file renaming and sorting via Mendeley's file organizer.
• Create and insert citations and bibliographies in Microsoft Word and OpenOffice Writer.
• Web Importer that allows easy capturing of citations from web pages like PubMed, ArXiv, Google Scholar, ISI Web of Knowledge, and SpringerLink, among others.