Description Advertisement ▼
VB Decompiler is decompiler for programs (EXE, DLL or OCX) written in Visual Basic 5.0 and 6.0 and disassembler for programs written on .NET technology. As you know, programs in Visual Basic can be compiled into interpreted p-code or into native code. .NET assembly always compiled to just in time compilable IL code.
Since p-code consists of high-level commands, there is a real possibility to decompile it into the source code (of course, the names of variables and some functions will not be decompiled). VB Decompiler restores source code from p-code as much as possible precisely. And after some modifications you may try to compile generated code.
If a program was compiled into the native code, restoring full source code from machine instructions is not possible. But VB decompiler can help to analyze the program even in this situation as well. It contains a powerful disassembler and emulator. This powerfull engine try to decode most assembler instructions to most likely VB commands. Of course, it fails on some optimizations of assembler code and sometimes generate not correct instructions. But at this time this is a best way to analyze native code applications.
If a program was compiled to .NET assembly, decompiler will recovery all tables and modules in managed assembly and disassemble all methods, functions and events using IL disassembler. .NET FrameWork is not needed for decompilation. Decompilation supported on all Windows 32 bit operation systems.
In general, VB Decompiler is an ideal tool for analyzing programs and it is perfect if you lose the source code and need to partially restore the project.
Show full description »
What's new What's new in version 9.2
- Windows 8 is fully supported
- Decode UTF8 names (.NET)
- Jumping by clicking on a procedure name
- New code highlighting control based on SynEdit sources
- More other
Technical information Requirements, supported languages and OS
- Requirements: Intel/AMD processor 1.8Ghz or higher, 256Mb of free RAM
- Supported Languages: English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish
- Supported OS: WinXP, WinVista, WinVista x64, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, Win2000, WinOther, Windows2000, Windows2003, WinServer, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Ultimate x64, Win98, WinME, WinNT 3.x, WinNT 4.x, Win95, Windows Media Center Edition 2005, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Home Basic x64, Windows Vista Home Premium x64, Windows Vista Business x64, Windows Vista Enterprise x64
Discover alternatives See more related apps by tags
Video Review/installation guide/how to
Reviews Your review will also be sent to the developers email address.
Be the first user to review it.
Share If you like it
Download badges All visitors that arrive by way of these badges will add download points to VB Decompiler