Description Advertisement ▼
iText is a library that allows you to create and manipulate PDF documents. It enables developers looking to enhance web- and other applications with dynamic PDF document generation and/or manipulation.
Developers can use iText to:
Serve PDF to a browser
Generate dynamic documents from XML files or databases
Use PDF's many interactive features
Add bookmarks, page numbers, watermarks, etc.
Split, concatenate, and manipulate PDF pages
Automate filling out of PDF forms
Add digital signatures to a PDF file
iText is available in Java as well as in C#.
Show full description »
What's new What's new in version 5.4.0
- Make EOF consistent in class RandomAccessFileOrArray.
- Fix PdfStamper: avoid double closing; update Javadoc.
- Fix PdfReader: fixed confusing error message that reported the wrong value.
- Fix CMapAwareDocumentFont: Apply the font mapping first before overriding it with the ToUnicode.
- GlyphList: added support for char names of the format uniXXXX (with XXXX a hexadecimal value).
- Started working on Indic support based on code contributions by Palash Ray.
- This functionality has been disabled for this release, because it needs much more work.
- Refactoring IO: add optional exclusive lock capability
- Added tagged DIV element support
- Fixed "incorrect reading order" problem on some PDF documents
- A fix for a multithreading issue introduced in 5.3.5 that occurred when embedding ttf fonts.
- Bugfix in PdfSmartCopy: circular references in PDFs (constructions where object A refers to object B and object B refers back to object A) could cause endless loops resulting in an OutOfMemoryE
Technical information Requirements, supported languages and OS
- Supported OS: WinXP, Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows 7, Windows 7 x64
Discover alternatives See more related apps by tags
Video Review/installation guide/how to
Reviews Your review will also be sent to the developers email address.
Be the first user to review it.
Share If you like it
Download badges All visitors that arrive by way of these badges will add download points to iText