Description Advertisement ▼
What is GDB? - The GNU Project Debugger
GDB, the GNU Project debugger, allows you to see what is going on `inside' another program while it executes -- or what another program was doing at the moment it crashed.
GDB can do four main kinds of things (plus other things in support of these) to help you catch bugs in the act:
* Start your program, specifying anything that might affect its behavior.
* Make your program stop on specified conditions.
* Examine what has happened, when your program has stopped.
* Change things in your program, so you can experiment with correcting the effects of one bug and go on to learn about another.
The program being debugged can be written in Ada, C, C++, Objective-C, Pascal (and many other languages). Those programs might be executing on the same machine as GDB (native) or on another machine (remote). GDB can run on most popular UNIX and Microsoft Windows variants.
Show full description »
What's new What's new in version 7.5.1
* An "Attempt to dereference a generic pointer" errors (-var-create).
* Backtrace problems on x32 (PR backtrace/14646).
* next/step/finish problems on x32 (PR gdb/14647).
* A "malformed linespec error: unexpected keyword, [...]" error (PR breakpoints/14643).
* GDB crash while stepping through powerpc (32bits) code.
* A failed assertion in linux_ptrace_test_ret_to_nx.
* A "!frame_id_inlined_p (frame_id)" failed assertion.
* A "No more reverse-execution history." error during reverse "next" execution (PR 14548).
* Incomplete command descriptions in "apropos" output.
* PR gdb/14494 (a GDB crash difficult to characterize).
* Various build warnings.
Technical information Requirements, supported languages and OS
- Supported OS: Windows2000, Windows2003, WinXP, Windows Vista, Linux
Discover alternatives See more related apps by tags
Video Review/installation guide/how to
Reviews Your review will also be sent to the developers email address.
Be the first user to review it.
Share If you like it
Download badges All visitors that arrive by way of these badges will add download points to GNU Project Debugger