Description Advertisement ▼
The Android platform is a software stack for mobile devices including an operating system, middleware and key applications. Developers can create applications for the platform using the Android SDK. Applications are written using the Java programming language and run on Dalvik, a custom virtual machine designed for embedded use, which runs on top of a Linux kernel.
If you want to know how to develop applications for Android, you're in the right place. This site provides a variety of documentation that will help you learn about Android and develop mobile applications for the platform.
· Application framework enabling reuse and replacement of components
· Dalvik virtual machine optimized for mobile devices
· Integrated browser based on the open source WebKit engine
· Optimized graphics powered by a custom 2D graphics library; 3D graphics based on the OpenGL ES 1.0 specification (hardware acceleration optional)
· SQLite for structured data storage
· Media support for common audio, video, and still image formats (MPEG4, H.264, MP3, AAC, AMR, JPG, PNG, GIF)
· GSM Telephony (hardware dependent)
· Bluetooth, EDGE, 3G, and WiFi (hardware dependent)
· Camera, GPS, compass, and accelerometer (hardware dependent)
· Rich development environment including a device emulator, tools for debugging, memory and performance profiling, and a plugin for the Eclipse IDE
Show full description »
What's new What's new in version Release 22.0.0
- Android SDK Platform-tools revision 16 or later.
- If you are developing in Eclipse with ADT, note that the SDK Tools r22 is designed for use with ADT 22.0.0 and later. If you haven't already, update your ADT Plugin to 22.0.0.
- If you are developing outside Eclipse, you must have Apache Ant 1.8 or later.General Notes:
- Changed the structure of the SDK by adding a new build tool SDK Component, which is based on the existing platform-tools component. This change decouples the build tools versions from the IDE versions, allowing updates to the tools without requiring an IDE update.
- Updated tools to allow libraries to share the same package name as the applications that use them.
- Updated draw9patch tool to allow easier changing of markers.
Technical information Requirements, supported languages and OS
- Supported OS: WinXP, Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows 7, Windows 7 x64
Discover alternatives See more related apps by tags
Video Review/installation guide/how to
Reviews Your review will also be sent to the developers email address.
Be the first user to review it.
Share If you like it
Download badges All visitors that arrive by way of these badges will add download points to Android SDK