Description Advertisement ▼
Advanced Installer Professional is a Windows Installer authoring tool which enables developers and system administrators to easily build reliable MSI packages. Advanced Installer Professional is a useful tool for administrators and developers which allows them to create reliable MSI packages.
Advanced Installer runs on Windows, and the install packages it creates run on all Microsoft Windows 9x/ME/NT/2k/XP operating systems.
Windows Installer is a powerful, but very complex technology. Mastering it on your own takes months of hard work. That's where Advanced Installer comes to help.
It creates a high level abstraction on top of the underlying technology. With a clean, simple user interface, each operation is logical and intuitive. Everything is done in the user interface, without complicated scripts to learn or arcane database tables to edit.
Advanced Installer is built on standard, open formats. The project files are saved as XML files for easy integration with source control systems. Advanced Installer is FREE for the simplest, most common usages. If additional capabilities are needed, they are available at some of the lowest prices in the industry.
Show full description »
What's new What's new in version 10.0 B50412
New features in this release:
- Support for AppV 5.0
- IIS WebSite ISAPI Filters and Restrictions
- Allow "Visual Studio Application" import to create imported files per configuration/build
- Customizable Summary Information for MSI
- New 64-bit LZMA encoder for handling larger archives with high compression ratiosEnhancements to existing features:
- Change/Move Repository Manager location was improved
- Added mouse hourglass cursor during "PrepareDlg" and "ProgressDlg"
- Import Control Panel Icon when importing an MSI
- Import Files Association Icon Index when importing an MSI
- Build process was improved
- Allowed "Fast installation" option for Windows Installer 4.5
- Created VB.NET sample for integrating the updaterBug fixes:
- "advinst.exe" return code was 0 even if the build failed, breaking automated build scenarios
- Project was not saved when pressing build and then closing Advanced Installer
- "Run and log" for patch project failed
Technical information Requirements, supported languages and OS
- Supported OS: Windows2000, Windows2003, WinNT 4.0, WinXP, Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows 7, Windows 7 x64
Discover alternatives See more related apps by tags
Video Review/installation guide/how to
Reviews Your review will also be sent to the developers email address.
Be the first user to review it.
Share If you like it
Download badges All visitors that arrive by way of these badges will add download points to Advanced Installer Professional