Description Advertisement ▼
Windows Live Messenger 2012
So much for free in one simple download, including Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, and Messenger.
Windows Live Messenger remains an important player on the market and the new generation MSN Messenger follows the same trend as its competitors to include all kinds of communication features, such as video chatting, file transfer and phone calling.
Windows Live Messenger makes it easier than ever to stay connected to the people you care about.
* Favorites and groups - Put the people you chat with most at the top of your contacts, so you easily see when they're online. Want to chat with several people in one window? Just set up a group.
* Share photos - Look at photos together, right in the conversation window. And Messenger tells you when people you know post new photos on Windows Live.
* Customize - Show off your personal style with custom scenes, animated display pictures, and signature sounds.
* Mobile and web - Using a public computer without Messenger? No problem! You can chat on the web from Windows Live Hotmail. Or, use Messenger on your mobile phone.
No need to start from scratch. Automatically import friends from other accounts.
Build your list of friends
You'll have plenty of friends to chat with in Messenger before you know it. Import friends from other services like Facebook, Gmail, or LinkedIn. No need to re-create your contact list.
Let your personality shine
Personalize Messenger with a photo and background theme that reflect your unique style, and badges that display causes that are important to you. Happy? Grumpy? Excited? Express your moods with emoticons.
Share and play while you chat
Liven up your chats by sharing photos, watching videos, or playing Messenger games together. Be sure to post your scores.
Chat from Hotmail
Sign in to Messenger right from your Hotmail inbox and chat with your friends. You can even have multiple chats going at once.
Was this helpful?
Send a video message or chat face to face with loved ones wherever they are.
Keep up with friends from your social networks right there in Messenger.
Bring your social networks together
Connect your social networks to Messenger and bring them all together in one place. No need to sign in to other services. Keep up with your friends' updates and news feeds and post your own to wherever you want them to appear. Hide the updates you don't want to see and prioritize the ones that matter most.
Chat with Facebook friends
See who's online and enjoy all the rich features of chatting in Messenger. From your Messenger window you can chat with Facebook friends, see their updates, update your status, and post comments.
Share photos and links with your status updates
Add photos and links to your status update messages in Messenger and keep your friends up to date on your daily adventures. Updates will also appear on your connected social networks.
Take your friends along. Get Messenger on your smartphone.
Some Windows Essentials programs have additional requirements.
* Windows Photo Gallery and Movie Maker require some features of DirectX 10, which might be installed for you if they're not found on your computer.
* Messenger video chat requires a webcam, a microphone, speakers or a headset, and high-speed Internet access. HD video chat requires a compatible HD webcam and a 2.0 GHz or higher processor. HD webcams might also have additional system requirements.
Show full description »
What's new What's new in version 2012 16.4.3505.
Animated GIFs and emoticons are turned off in software mode:Â
- If your PC uses software rendering instead of hardware rendering, you won't see any animations in Windows Essentials 2012.Â
- This includes animated GIFs used in display pictures and animated emoticons in Messenger.Movie Maker and Photo Gallery must be installed together:Â
- Windows Movie Maker and Windows Photo Gallery can only be installed together because they share many features. That means that if you have an earlier version of either Movie Maker or Photo Gallery installed on your PC, you'll have both programs installed after you upgrade to the new versions.Microsoft SkyDrive installed in place of Windows Live Mesh:Â
- If you have Windows Live Mesh installed, it's automatically removed when you install Windows Essentials 2012, and Microsoft SkyDrive will be installed in its place. To sync everything that's on your SkyDrive to all your PCs, and even on a Mac, you'll need to install SkyDrive on each computer.
Technical information Requirements, supported languages and OS
- Supported OS: Windows 7, Windows 7 x64, Windows 8, Windows 8 x64
Discover alternatives See more related apps by tags
Video Review/installation guide/how to
Reviews Your review will also be sent to the developers email address.
Be the first user to review it.
Share If you like it
Download badges All visitors that arrive by way of these badges will add download points to Windows Live Messenger