Description Advertisement ▼
Create PDF files from over 300 different formats. Comment, review, and collaborate. Fill and save PDF forms. Extract text and images. Type text directly onto the page.
We believe it's everything you ever wanted in a free PDF reader — and nothing you don't.
It's the PDF reader, reimagined.
Many users of free PDF readers expect compromise.
It might be limited functionality — or none at all. Maybe "free" equates to in-product advertising, forced registration, and constant attempts to upsell you a paid product. Perhaps it's an oversize download, with security concerns and updates so frequent you wonder why you're doing so much, for so little in return.
Not anymore. With Nitro Reader you can start doing more, without the compromise you've come to expect.
Work with PDF the way you want
Not just a reader or viewer, Nitro Reader does a whole lot more. With a user experience and interface that aim to redefine your expectation of "free" alongside premium features, you may start to wonder why you ever used anything else.
Start controlling your work and the way people access it, using the only free PDF reader that allows you to create PDF files.
Extract content from PDF files
Repurpose PDF-based content you used to think was locked away, with powerful tools to extract text and images for reuse wherever you need them.
Join the collaboration cycle with best-in-class tools to comment, markup, and review PDF files with the ease of pen and paper.
A decade in the making
The team behind the world's #1 free PDF creator, the world's #1 free PDF browser extension, and the award-winning Nitro PDF Professional, invite you to experience the world's newest and — we believe — best PDF reader.
Show full description »
What's new What's new in version 22.214.171.124
- Type Text Smart Alignment provides dynamic visual guides to accurately align typed text in reference to other text, form fields, annotations, images, shapes, and other page elements
- Auto Recovery automatically restores open PDF files, unsaved document changes, as well as view states and document focus after Nitro has terminated unexpectedly.
- Scanned Document Detection shows a notification when the PDF file opened is image-based, or scanned.
- Autonomy WorkSite Integration for enterprise deployments of Nitro Reader 3 enables PDF files to be opened from and saved to a WorkSite repository (digital signatures not currently supported)Enhancements:
- Japanese and Simplified Chinese support for Asian text across all Nitro Reader 3's PDF tools
- Scripting Object Model (SOM) support when filling out static XFA forms
- Web Browser Plugin supports hyperlinks with hashtags that link to a PDF page
- Smaller files sizes when adding text annotations
Technical information Requirements, supported languages and OS
- Supported OS: WinXP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
Discover alternatives See more related apps by tags
Video Review/installation guide/how to
Reviews Your review will also be sent to the developers email address.
Be the first user to review it.
Share If you like it
Download badges All visitors that arrive by way of these badges will add download points to Nitro PDF Reader