Description Advertisement ▼
TextAloud is the leading text to speech program, available with exciting premium voices (including several languages) from ATT, Cepstral and NeoSpeech for the best in computer speech for your PC. TextAloud uses voice synthesis to convert text into spoken audio.
Listen or your PC or create MP3 or WMA files for use on portable devices like iPods, PocketPCs, and CD players. A batch file converter lets you convert audio files quickly from any number of documents.
A new improved interface with support for skins handles multiple documents with ease and includes voice, pitch and volume adjustments on the main window so you can customize voices while TextAloud is speaking.
Change voices within a single document to simulate conversation or multiple speakers. You can open Word, PDF and HTML files directly in TextAloud, and there is also an Internet Explorer toolbar plugin to make reading web pages a breeze. A unique Proofread function helps make anything you write mistake free. TextAloud is a program that allows you to change voices to simulate conversation.
With TextAloud you can listen immediately, or save to audio files to hear later at your convenience. Instead of the valuable time you spend reading on your computer, imagine being free to relax, get up and stretch, or work on other things while the information you need is read to you in a pleasant, natural sounding human voice. Better still, leave your computer behind.
TextAlouds unique Text to MP3 or WMA conversion can save your daily reading to audio files to download to your portable player. Listen to email, online news, or important documents while you exercise, work or commute.
TextAloud is easy to learn so you can put it to work for you right away. Everything is user friendly, from the help function to the VCR style playback controls. It has never been easier to keep up with the information you really need.
· Sit back and relax while your PC reads to you
· Save text to MP3 for portable audio players
· Proofread your own writing
· Listen to that report while you're on the treadmill
· Find help for someone with a reading disability
· Create messages for your answering machine
· Reduce eye strain from too much reading
· Listen to information while you work on something else
· Take some reading along for your daily walk or run
· Turn your iPod into a tax write-off
· Listen to an eBook during your commute
· Study English as a Second Language
· Help a senior citizen or someone with low vision
· Add some spice to your PowerPoint presentations
· Find a great new tool to study for exams
· Listen to text read in other languages
· Amuse your kids by letting your PC read stories to them
· Create audio files for computer games
· Prepare for a big speech by hearing your words read aloud
Show full description »
What's new What's new in version 3.0.53
- Fixed occasional errors related to resizing main window with skins enabled
- New substitution parameter for audio tags: ?seTitle%. Works like %Title%, but strips leading/trailing sequence numbers
- Fixed Pronunciation Dictionary Maintenance error related to adding entries when screenreader is in use
- TAForFirefox 3.0.36 - Support for Firefox 19
Technical information Requirements, supported languages and OS
- Supported OS: WinXP, Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows 7, Windows 7 x64
Discover alternatives See more related apps by tags
Video Review/installation guide/how to
Reviews Your review will also be sent to the developers email address.
Be the first user to review it.
Share If you like it
Download badges All visitors that arrive by way of these badges will add download points to TextAloud