MeGUI is a video conversion application, which was primarily designed to be a DVD ripper, but is capable of many transcoding tasks. It is essentially a frontend for many free tools, but also includes a number of utilities to enhance the conversion process.
MeGUI is the most comprehensive GUI based ISO MPEG-4 solution. It suports MPEG-4 ASP (xvid), MPEG-4 AVC (x264), AAC, MP2, MP3, Vorbis, AC3 audio and various common containers support (MP4, MKV, AVI, M2TS).
* DVD (vob through d2v) and other MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 streams receive special input support for demuxing of audio and subtitles, and faster video seeking
* Any computer video file via AviSynth
* Video Encoders: x264, XviD, libavcodec MPEG-4 Part 2, Snow
* Audio Formats: MP2/MP3 (via LAME/ffmpeg), AAC (via FAAC, Nero AAC or Coding Tech AAC), Vorbis, AudX, AC3
* Container formats: Matroska, MP4, AVI
* Powerful job queue support, with in-place job editing, related job linking, play/pause controls, etc.
o Parallel job execution makes job processing very flexible and improves speed on multi-core systems.
* Automatic interlace detection can analyse your input video to determine whether it is progressive/interlaced/film/hybrid, and also determine field order.
* AutoUpdate keeps MeGUI and its assisting programs up-to-date and eases installation.
* Audio encoding also based on Avisynth, which allows highly accurate editing of audio, including sample-accurate audio cutting.