Description Advertisement ▼
** See GIF Brewery in action at http://gifbrewery.com/ and http://helloresolven.com/portfolio/gifbrewery/.**
GIF Brewery is the best video to GIF creator on Mac OS X. GIF Brewery lets you convert clips from your video files to GIFs. There is no more need extracting frames from your movies and fiddling with Adobe Photoshop (tm). Let GIF Brewery do all the hard work for you.
* Convert clips from your videos into small GIF files.
* Resize or crop the video for your GIF.
* Add multiple captions or overlay images to the GIF.
* Create GIFs with your desired FPS or manually set the frame count and frame delay.
* Change the looping direction, such as normal playback, reverse, or even palindrome!
* Change the number of loops for your GIF.
* Apply Core Image filters like Sepia or Color Correction.
* Save your settings for later edits.
* Supports 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, 10.8 Mountain Lion.
* Makes your hip on Tumblr, assuming your GIFs are smaller than 1MB.
* GIF Brewery will not alter the original file and settings just impact the GIF.
* GIF Brewery can only open and create clips from movies that Quicktime can open and play. Apple provides a list of the file formats and codecs at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3775.
* Note, however, that GIF Brewery cannot open any DRM-protected files.
* If you are using Quicktime components, such as Perian, Flip4Mac, or 3ivx, you MUST make sure they are up-to-date and compatible with Apple's Sandbox. Out-dated components will lead to GIF Brewery crashing.
If you are having an issue with any of the codecs listed above, please contact us!
Note: If you experience any crashes whatsoever please contact Hello, Resolven at email@example.com. We are unable to diagnose the issue without help from effected users.
Show full description »
What's new What's new in version 2.2
Hello and welcome to another GIF Brewery update. The tiny brewers inside GIF Brewery have been hard at work with this update ever since they were told to stop making cat GIFs.
Here's an abbreviated list of their updates and changes.
* They've improved caption creation & quality.
* They've learned to count above one, so now you may have more than one overlay/caption.
* They've improved their knowledge of the space-time continuum, so overlays may now have their own start & end times.
* They've tinkered with custom palettes & dithering.
* They've made a GIF's Tumblr-ness more explicit.
* They've renamed and rearranged some things.
* They've decided they can live in a tinier space.
* They've also done some work on GIF Brewery's plumbing.
More information on all the changes can be found at http://gifbrewery.com. If you have any questions about them, feel free to also contact us via email or twitter (@helloresolvapps).
Also of note:
1. The process of setting the start/end times for captions & overlays is not finalized. User feedback via e-mail or twitter is greatly appreciated in streamlining and improving this new functionality.
2. GIF Brewery's Tumblr indicator is *only* a hint. Tumblr ultimately controls what GIFs can and cannot work on their service. While, GIF Brewery will try its best to keep up-to-date, the end user should always double-check their GIFs versus Tumblr's requirements.
3. Past saved GIF Brewery recipes with captions will not show their captions due to changes in caption handling. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The brewers would also like to remind you that if you experience any bugs/issues with this update or the app in general, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message via twitter (@helloresolvapps). The brewers toast to your helpfulness in tracking down bugs.
Technical information Requirements, supported languages and OS
Discover alternatives See more related apps by tags
Video Review/installation guide/how to
Reviews Your review will also be sent to the developers email address.
Be the first user to review it.
Share If you like it
Download badges All visitors that arrive by way of these badges will add download points to GIF Brewery