Description Advertisement ▼
Adium is a free and open source instant messaging application for Mac OS X, written using Mac OS X's Cocoa API, released under the GNU GPL and developed by the Adium team Based on the libpurple protocol library, Adium can connect you to any number of messaging accounts on any combination of supported messaging services (AIM, MSN, Jabber, Yahoo, and more) and then chat with other people using those services.
Note: We do not host any IM services ourselves. Adium is a third-party client for connecting to services run by other people (mostly companies).
* Open Source, so everyone can see how Adium works and help improve it
* Support for a wide range of different Instant Messaging services (see the full list)
* A delightful UI
o Tabbed chat windows
* Mac OS X integration
o Address Book integration
o WebKit Message View: Theme your chat windows
* Combined Contacts: Merge your contacts so that each one represents a person, not an account
* A sophisticated events system (including Growl notifications)
* OTR Encryption
* File Transfer
* Xtras and many, many other customization options
* A beautiful icon, the "Adiumy" duck
Show full description »
What's new What's new in version 1.5.6
- Fix a crash on startup on 10.6.8.
- Fix a crash when accepting or canceling the certificate verification dialog. (#16280)
- Fix a crash or hang when trying to use OTR on 32-bits Macs. (#16203)
Technical information Requirements, supported languages and OS
Discover alternatives See more related apps by tags
Video Review/installation guide/how to
Reviews Your review will also be sent to the developers email address.
Be the first user to review it.
Share If you like it
Download badges All visitors that arrive by way of these badges will add download points to Adium