Description Advertisement ▼
Sigil is a multi-platform WYSIWYG ebook editor. It is designed to edit books in ePub format.
Now what does it have to offer...
Free and open source software under GPLv3
Multi-platform: runs on Windows, Linux and Mac
Full Unicode support: everything you see in Sigil is in UTF-16
Full EPUB spec support
Multiple Views: Book View, Code View and Split View
Metadata editor with full support for all possible metadata entries (more than 200) with full descriptions for each
Table Of Contents editor
Multi-level TOC support
Book View fully supports the display of any XHTML document possible under the OPS spec
Basic XPGT support
Advanced automatic conversion of all imported documents to Unicode
Currently imports TXT, HTML and EPUB files; more will be added with time
Embedded HTML Tidy; all imported documents are thoroughly cleaned; changing views cleans the document so no matter how much you screw up your code, it will fix it (usually)
An actually usable user interface
Native C++ application
And a lot more...
Show full description »
What's new What's new in version 0.7.1
- Implement issue 2058: Code View should be able to show resizable image.
- Implement issue 2038: Spellcheck "change selected word to" should remember sorting order.
- Implement issue 2043: Spellcheck should allow case-insensitive sorting.
- Implement issue 2029: Save and open should warn if HTML files are not well formed.
- Implement issue 2009: Add semantic tags to filenames in reports.
- Implement issue 2028: Special characters should work in non-html files.
- Implement issue 2027: Upgrade Boost to Boost 1.53.0.
- Fix issue 2069: Work around for archives where filenames are not utf-8 encoded.
- Fix issue 2068: ZIP general purpose bit 11 (utf-8) filename not set.
- Fix issue 2061: Language code using wrong character to separate country code.
- Fix issue 2057: Text selected across lines using Ctrl-F cannot be found with Find.
- Fix issue 2036: Mark for Index can insert HTML tags into code making it invalid.
- Fix issue 2041: Preview does not sync cursor after using Sigil for a while.
Technical information Supported languages and OS, requirements
Video Review/installation guide/how to
Reviews Your review will also be sent to the developers email address.
Be the first user to review it.
Discover alternatives See more related apps by tags
Download badges All visitors that arrive by way of these badges will add download points to Sigil