Description Advertisement ▼
The GParted application is the GNOME partition editor for creating, reorganizing, and deleting disk partitions.
A disk device can be subdivided into one or more partitions. The GParted application enables you to change the partition organization on a disk device while preserving the contents of the partitions.
With GParted you can accomplish the following tasks:
* Create a partition table on a disk device.
* Enable and disable partition flags such as boot and hidden.
* Perform actions with partitions such as:
o create or delete
o resize or move
o copy and paste
GParted is developed on GNU/Linux. It can be used on other operating systems, such as Windows, by booting from media containing GParted Live.
For GParted Live on CD, download the .iso file and burn it as an image to a CD.
Show full description »
What's new What's new in version 0.14.1-6
- The big news with this release is the added ability to boot the live image on uEFI firmware computers, while maintaining boot ability on traditional PC/BIOS computers. This means that GParted Live can now boot on newer Windows 8 computers.
- In addition to supporting uEFI firmware, two more GNU/Linux operating system images have been released: i686-PAE (Physical Address Extension) and AMD64 (X86-64). These new images permit addressing more than 4 gigabytes of RAM, and enable using multiple processor cores.
Technical information Requirements, supported languages and OS
Discover alternatives See more related apps by tags
Video Review/installation guide/how to
Reviews Your review will also be sent to the developers email address.
Be the first user to review it.
Share If you like it
Download badges All visitors that arrive by way of these badges will add download points to GParted