Most Linux users may claim that they can never fall prey to viruses, Trojans, worms, spyware, phishing and other Internet attacks; however, the reality is different. Linux is no harder to break into than a Microsoft Windows operating system. Even though the Linux platform may not be targeted directly, it can act as a malware carrier and cause serious damage to Windows-based systems in the network. Therefore it is vitally important that every single endpoint user within a network uses an antivirus solution providing this multiplatform protection. ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 for Linux fulfils this task.
ESETâ€™s solution for the Linux desktop employs the award winning ThreatSenseÂ® scanning engine. Utilizing advanced heuristic techniques, ThreatSenseÂ® provides industry-leading protection against yet unknown threats. Additionally, the sophisticated generic detection method resembling that of DNA profiling is applied to intercept mutations of already existing infiltrations across all platforms
ESETâ€™s customers are thus protected from the very moment the infiltration starts to spread across the globe, without having to wait for the next signature database update.
* Automatically detects and cleans malware â€“ including threats designed for Windows, Mac OS X as well as cross-platform malware.
* Advanced scan setup options - ESET NOD32 for Mac OS X enables you to adjust size, time and depth limits for scanning files, archives and other objects.
* Automatically scans removable media to close this widely used infiltration vector
* Protects your system in real time â€“ all file actions, such as Copy, Move, Download are automatically controlled in the background. Focusing on entry points â€“ email attachments, removable media, and downloaded files â€“ ESET NOD32 for Mac OS X ensures that harmful applications are eliminated before any damage can be inflicted.
* Includes comprehensive charts and statistics â€“ all important malware-related stats are directly accessible from the graphical user interface. You can view information on detected threats, detailed scan logs, as well as real-time file-system activity reports.
* Offers intuitive, streamlined graphical user interface (GUI) to enhance the overall user experience, making your job easier
* Regular updates of virus signature database