Description Advertisement ▼
PureBasic is a native 32 bit and 64 bit programming language based on established BASIC rules. The key features of PureBasic are portability (Windows, Linux, MacOS X and AmigaOS are currently supported), the production of very fast and highly optimized executables and, of course, the very simple BASIC syntax. PureBasic has been created for the beginner and expert alike. We have put a lot of effort into its realization to produce a fast, reliable system friendly language.
In spite of its beginner-friendly syntax, the possibilities are endless with PureBasic's advanced features such as pointers, structures, procedures, dynamically linked lists and much more. Experienced coders will have no problem gaining access to any of the legal OS structures or API objects and PureBasic even allows inline ASM.
The main features of PureBasic
- Huge set of internal commands (1100+) to quickly and easily build any application or game
- All BASIC keywords are supported
- Very fast compiler which creates highly optimized executables
- No external DLLs, runtime interpreter or anything else required when creating executables
- Procedure support for structured programming with local and global variables
- Full unicode support
- Access to full OS API for advanced programmers
- Easy but very fast 2D game support through dedicated libraries (DirectX, SDL, ...)
- Easy and high quality 3D support based on OGRE
- Optimal use of the available hardware by using highly optimized (assembly) commands
- Source code is portable between AmigaOS, Windows, MacOS X and Linux
- Dedicated editor and development environment
- Powerful integrated debugger and profiler to easily trace and analyze code
Show full description »
What's new What's new in version 5.10
- Added: Form designer is now integrated to the IDE !
- Added: Fully reworked Packer library with ZIP, BriefLZ, 7z (unpacker only), LZMA and JCALG1.
- Added: full IPv6 support to the network library.
- Added: System library: ComputerName(), UserName(), MemoryStatus(), CountCPUs()
- Added: Line continuation feature, with the following operands: ',' '|' '+' And Or Xor
- Added: Constant string comparisons are now handled at compile time, allowing use in CompilerIf for example.
- Added: CocoaMessage() for OS X
- Added: 'Check syntax' to only compile the code without build/running an executable
- Added: Array/List/Map parameter support to Interface methods
- Added: Support for dynamic array/list/map support in structure/interface in Residents.
- Added: #PB_Character, #PB_Unicode, #PB_Ascii and #PB_Integer flag support to FillMemory()
- Added: #PB_RegularExpression_NoCase support to CreateRegularExpression()
- Added: EncodeImage() with PNG, JPEG and JPEG2000 support
Technical information Requirements, supported languages and OS
Discover alternatives See more related apps by tags
Video Review/installation guide/how to
Reviews Your review will also be sent to the developers email address.
Be the first user to review it.
Share If you like it
Download badges All visitors that arrive by way of these badges will add download points to PureBasic for Linux x64