Hurricane Track is the Atlantic hurricane tracking application for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Hurricane Track offers 8 different live radar animations, local satellites, local forecasts and hazards, future projected cyclone paths, potential cloud formations that can evolve into tropical cyclones, information on current storms, and even tropical weather summaries, discussions, and outlooks.
Hurricane Track is also fully optimized to take advantage of the Retina display and multitasking found in newer devices and operating systems.
High tech Features
- Projected hurricane paths for the next 5 days
- Local Forecasts and Hazards (Such as Tornado Watch, Flood warning, etc.)
- Local Satellite
- 8 live Atlantic radars
- Graphical outlines of cloud formations that can turn into potential tropical cyclones
- Current storm information
- Tropical Weather Summaries, Discussions, and Outlooks
- Visible - Unenhanced visible imagery that transitions to IR2 overnight
- Shortwave - Channel 2 Shortwave Infrared imagery - Shortwave, sometimes considered "night visible"
- Water Vapor - IR Channel 3
- Aviation - Aviation color enhancement
- Dvorak - Used for tropical classifications with the Dvorak technique
- JSL - Used to bring out low level and high level clouds in tropical cyclones
- Funktop - Higlights intense areas of precipitation
- Rainbow - Rainbow enhancement curve, colorful enhancement