[Sun N Fun attendees: Our new version 3.3 is being released, with the features you saw at Sun N Fun. We have some great new features for you, including composite radar (a more accurate weather depiction for flight altitudes than legacy radar products).]
EFB (Electronic Flight Bag) supports paperless operations, and give pilots access to charts, plates, weather, and other data.
*****Free 1-Month Subscription*****
Use EFB free for a full month. After the trial period has ended, you may purchase a monthly or yearly subscription.
*****Focus on Design*****
EFB is designed with extensive user testing, to allow for an easy operation. All functions are just one touch away so last minute runway or approach changes are a breeze. EFB's intuitive design utilizes iPad's gesture-based interface and makes for very pilot friendly operation.
* cache all charts, plates, and airport data for in-flight use
* create multi-point routes and get guidance
* use on your iPad and iPhone
* display Ground Speed, altitude, and other instruments
* fast, autocomplete airport search
* quick-swipe between airport plates
* pre-download upcoming data so you are ready to fly when you need to be
* extensive worldwide facility and weather information
* geo-referenced airport plates
* add visual approaches to runways
All chart & plate data comes directly from GlobalNavSource, no 3rd party subscriptions required. The GlobalNavSource plates leverage FAA & ICAO symbology in a database that covers the world. GlobalNavSource provides seamless compilations of VFR and IFR chart sources, for the easiest chart-browsing experience.
* IFR High
* IFR Low
* VFR Sectionals
* VFR Terminal Area Charts
Professional users will appreciate the tailored plates for low visibility/SMGCS, Deice, Ramp/Gate, Special Approaches, RNP SAAR, tailored minimums and more.
Updates are a breeze. EFB caches upcoming plates and charts before they are needed, so you are ready to fly.
Updates are accomplished wirelessly and only plates that change are updated. This greatly reduces bandwidth and speeds the update process in comparison to NACO based apps.
* METARs and TAFs - view information from thousands of weather stations around the world
* Chart overlays - display METAR weather layers on all chart types
*****Part 135 & Part 121 Operators*****
Part 135 & Part 121 operators require controlled software for FAA approval of paperless ops. EFB 121 is the controlled version of this app. Operators requiring EFB 121 for paperless operations may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
After the 1-month trial period, you must purchase an auto-renewing subscription to continue using the app. The subscription provides you with access to full US charts, plates, and weather for the duration of the subscription.
• One month or one year
• TURN OFF auto-renewal via the main Settings app: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
Other Terms: http://globalnavsource.com/policies.php