MedCalc Pro is a medical calculator that gives you easy access to complicated medical formulas, scores, scales and classifications. Each entry has been individually designed and optimized for the iPhone screen. Running MedCalc Pro on an iPad reveals a user interface attuned to the much larger iPad screen.
The Pro version sports several enhancements focused on formula result sharing and storing. You can email a formula with all data to a colleague, you can print formulas (via AirPrint) or just copy all data to your clipboard and paste anywhere else. Additionally, the Pro version features an exclusive patient management system which allows you to save and retrieve formula results easily. Upon saving results, MedCalc remembers certain patient input like height, weight and a range of lab values. These values will be inserted on demand into subsequent formulas. You can also add notes and images to a patient for other uses.
• A very large selection (more than 300) of relevant formulas, scores, scales and classifications
• Many different ways to share results (and data): copy to clipboard, email report, print via AirPrint, save to patient database...
• Exclusive patient management feature for saving and accessing results, as well as images and notes. Result history can be exported to the desktop as CSV files.
• Detailed information and bibliographic references for each formula
• Support for US and SI units, with easy switching from the keypad
• Custom overlaid controls: no sliding in and out to input values
• Search for equations by name or keywords
• Customizable list of favorite equations
Formulas, scores and classifications include (not exhaustive):
• Anesthesiology (ASA, Bromage, Charlson, Cormack, Dermatome, Goldman)
• Cardiology (CHADS, GRACE, EuroSCORE, Framingham, Killip, QT-c, TIMI)
• Electrolytes (Corrected Ca, Corrected Na, FENa, Osmolal gap)
• EBM (NNT, Odds, Sample size, Two-way table)
• ICU (APACHE, CAM-ICU, SAPS)
• Neurology (AMTS, Aphasia, Canadian rules, NIHSS, WFNS)
• Obstetrics (APGAR, Bishop, Malinas, Wheel)
• Pediatrics (Age, Height, WETFAG)
• Respiratory (BODE, Epworth, GOLD, SMART-COP, Spirometry, Thoracoscore)
• Renal (Cockroft, KDIGO, MDRD, RIFLE)
• ABG analyzer worth $5 in other apps
• Complete infusion management tool, great for ICU nurses
• Complicated scores (CAM-ICU, APACHE, SAPS, Euroscore)