The Panchang is ancient spiritual and scientific calendar system based on the positions of the planets, the sun and moon. One year is composed of 12 lunar months of around 29 days and 12 hours.
For every year, our panchang contains more than 340 important date of events and holy festivals in India. It reflects India's culture through the Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Christian and civil festivals happening all along the year. Nearly all the festivals are illustrated with a colorful image.
The calendar covers the full 2011 year. It also contains all the information of 2010 and 2009.
We will add soon the holidays and festival events.
It contains all the details about the lunar cycles (Tithi and Karana), the planets (Nakshatra), the moon/sun combinaisons (Yoga), the full moons or purnima, the new moon or amavasaya, ... along with the Sunrise and Sunset timings.
- Sun, Thithi and Nakshatra timings for several cities in India (Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata) and around the World: Paris, London, Geneva, Moscow,New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Denver, Los Angeles, Cape Town, Toronto, Melbourne, Sydney, Tokoy, Abu Dhabi, Singapore, Hawaii, St Denis RÃ©union, Kuweit City, Colombo, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur. The timings are taking the daylight savings into account.
- At startup, the current month will be displayed, with an emphasis on the current day. Just clic on any day to get all the details about this particular day.
- Lunar month days
- Display the details on a day, including: western calendar information (gregorian calendar), Tithi information (moon day name, Shuklapaksh, Krishnapaksh, timings), Nakshatra (name and timings), Sun timings, list of festivals of that day
- Display Vikram Samwat and Saka Samwat
- A list of full moon (purnima) and new moon (amavasaya)
- A list of events and holy festivals, sorted by months, with direct access to any month.
- A list of government gazetted holidays
- A very convenient search tool: Just type a word or the part of a word and get the list of all events related to your search.
- An image for nearly every event
- A list of major cities for which you want to see the detailed panchang. If your city is not in the list, you just select the closest one.
With the search tool, you can:
- Write "Prad", you'll get the full list of Pradosh vrat of the year (worship of Lord Shiva, which is observed on the Trayodashi of both the fortnight - Shukla and Krishna Paksh)
- Write "Eka", you'll get the full list of Ekadashi of the year (Ekadashi occurs on the 11th day of the bright half - called Shukla Paksha and on the 11th of the dark half called Krishna Paksh)
- Write "Chatur", you'll get the full list of Ganesha and Vinayak Chaturthi of the year
- Write "Rohini" or "Ashtami", and so on...
Our calendar complied a Hindu Panchang according to Vedic science and modern outlook. We did a deep study to give you accurate information. We are still improving our panchang and updating the event's list.
On the next weeks, we will publish several updates to fulfill the list of festivals and events, with many new photos we took last year in Madhya Pradesh.
Liability Exclusion: We make every effort to ensure, but do not guarantee, the accuracy of the information on this calendar. None of us shall be in any way liable vis-a-vis any person for any damage of any kind or for any cost or expense resulting from the use of the contents of this calendar. Furthermore, we reserve the right to make changes without prior notice if necessary.