Internet Polyglot is dedicated to helping you learn foreign languages by providing you a way to memorize words and their meanings through the use of vocabulary lists clearly organized by topic. This helps your memory grasp more information and retain it for longer time.
How to use this program:
1. Select a pair of languages on the initial screen;
2. You will see the lesson list for this pair of languages;
3. Tap on a lesson name and you'll see the word lists and translations for that lesson;
4. After reading the words, tap on the "camera" icon and you'll see the picture associated with that word, tap on the "speaker" icon and you'll hear pronunciation of that word recorded by a native speaker;
5. Now tap on "Play" button and you'll start a Guessing Game;
6. You are given a word and several possible translations;
7. Just select the right translation;
8. All results of your game are recorded and visible on the lesson detail screen;
9. When you play, those words that you missed in the quiz / guessing game will be repeated more often than those that you know well to allow you to have more practice on words that challenge you.
Another cool feature of this app: you can play offline! When you open a lesson it gets saved on your device (you will see a green dot next to the lesson's name in the lesson list). Now even if you don't have good phone coverage you still can play with this lesson when you're in a poor coverage area - like all the foreign countries you'll go to after learning their languages through iPoly.
Here is the list of languages that you can learn with Internet Polyglot:
Amharic, Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian. More languages to come in the future.