Remotely connect to your QuickBooks desktop. This is a NATIVE binary, and you can Work even if you are offline [so you can work in a plane, or in spotty internet, AND use the non-3G iPad (only Wi-Fi) as well]. Multi-user keeps everyone in sync. Create and email estimates, sales orders, invoices, sales receipts (instruments). Add or modify customers: Jobs and vendors. View inventory. Add Sales Tax. Accept payment by check or cash. View (but not update) Accounts, Check Register, POs, Bills, and Alerts. Extensive video help.
See Charlie Russel's blog: http://tiny.cc/qbrussell
1. When you download this app you will see sample data. Swivel to landscape view to see Signup and menu.To see your own QuickBooks Desktop data, you will need to register with your email as username. The welcome email gives you instructions on how to install our FREE proprietary QuickBooks Sync Engine OpServer on your desktop. You will be able to upload your own company file, but view transactions and details for only the first 10 customers and vendors. You can do unlimited transactions for these 10 customers including create and email pdfs of estimates, sales orders, invoices and Sales receipts, take payment, and write back to QuickBooks desktop over the air.
2. It integrates with QuickBooks 2006 to 2012, but NOT with the QuickBooksForMac version since it has no SDK.
3. It integrates with the US and Australian versions. The AUS version handles VAT transactions, and invoices show VAT as required by the law in Australia and New Zealand.
4. When you create a transaction, you will be able to email the instrument or choose not to. It will appear in your regular email inbox, not outbox.
5. All transactions make the round trip to QB, and only then appear in other lists, customer page, instrument page, A/R, etc.
6. If you are offline, you will not be able to send the email (obviously). But as soon as you reach a Wi-Fi spot or an internet connection, you can initiate the sync.
7. Your QuickBooks need not be running at all times for you to see data in iPad. You can start it and then trigger manual sync at your office.
8. Multi-user capability enables you to have multiple users accessing the same QuickBooks file with different rights. Some users can be on VIEW and some on WRITE, on iPad or iPhone or iPod Touch. The system maintains unique timestamps for each device to ensure full fidelity of data in QuickBooks as well as each device.
9. Your company data is NOT stored on our webServer, only the small bit of NEW data, which is flushed out as soon as it is delivered securely to QB or your device.
In-App Purchases (non-consumable i.e. one time only) is available ONLY after you have syncâ€™d your own QuickBooks file and uploaded your transactions to iPad. The first 10 customers will be active, but the 11th onward will be grayed out. Tap settings to launch the inApp purchase option.
1. VIEW: $24.99. This will enable you to view ALL your customers and vendors, but you cannot create transactions or edit customers. This does NOT write back to QuickBooks.
2. WRITE: $49.99 (which includes VIEW functionality so you don't have to buy both). This will enable you to create transactions and write back to QuickBooks desktop over the air without human intervention. There is NO cost for monthly connection fees, OR for OpServer, or future updates. This is it. You either spend $50.98 or $26.98 and you're done.
3. All iPads in your iTunes account get free access to the inApp purchase.
We are App Store's pioneers of "QuickBooks in your iPhone". Our first app, Opcenter.View, released Sept 2008 was rated in Nov 2008 by InformationWeek magazine as one of the top 10 Business Apps on App Store, and by InfoWorld in Jan â€™09 as one of the top 5 business apps, in the company of Salesforce and Oracle. Customers are still running those apps!