Matlab Commander allows you to use Matlab from your Android smartphone.
The minimum requirements on the PC controlled by Matlab Commander are Matlab 2007b and Java 6.
WARNING ON SECURITY AND DEVELOPMENT STAGE
Please note the following:
- this is an early release, pushed out for comments and users feedback
- Matlab Commander connection to the PC running Matlab is NOT
encrypted or protected by password
- you also need to download a server application on the PC running
Matlab; the link is provided in Matlab Commander in the "Server parameters" menu.
Currently Matlab Commander allows you to:
- execute many Matlab commands
- show their numeric results
- browse recent commands
- one click copy-paste of recent commands
Currently Matlab Commander doesn't allow you to:
- estabilish a secure connection to the PC
- show figures (e.g. obtained with plot, mesh, surf, etc.)
- use the help command as well as other text output commands (e.g. pwd, ls, etc.)
- use Matlab graphical tools
- although it is possible to define and use higher dimensions matrices, Matlab Commander supports showing only 3D matrices
- although not supporting the pwd command, you can change the working
directory via the cd command
- the message "No output for this command, check Matlab on PC" is not an error
- some commands will give sort of an error, even if they are not (e.g.
close all, clear, etc.)
- the "Figures" and "Variables" tabs are placeholders; they will be
functional in future releases
Soon to come:
- secure connection
- recent figures (plot, mesh, surf, etc.) gallery
- use the Android camera to take and upload images to the PC running Matlab for subsequent processing
- upload files to the PC running Matlab for subsequent processing
- support for text output commands